Best recommendations for SWG?

I have an IC60. I think it's officially 4 years old though I may be off by a year and it is actually the warranty replacement of the one I got at that time. It has been nothing but trouble. Every year I take it out and put in a pass through during the cold months, and usually I'm well into swimming weather before I get it producing well enough that I'd trust it if I went out of town for a week. So here we are again, it was cleaned and put away last year and I've had it hooked up for a month and it says "bad flow". I'm at my wits end with this thing. What are you're recommendations for a 36k gallon pool?

Typically, the reason the SWCG will show low flow is either the filter is dirty or you have algae. The flow switch on the IC's is prone to failure, but first the other two items should be investigated.

Do you have your own test kit? Can you post water chemistry results?

My pool is similar gallons to yours. I have autopilot DIG-220 with PPC4 cell (rated to 60K gallons) and am very happy with it. They do make a larger (considered commercial?) PPC5 cell rated at 80k gallons. DIY warranty if bought through authorized dealer. Adjustable in 1% increments and automatically increases output as water temp increases.

Got it through Saltpoolguys.com. You need to call them for the promo code to get the best price (MAAP restrictions).

This setup is more expensive than the circupool's equivalent options.

Typically, the reason the SWCG will show low flow is either the filter is dirty or you have algae. The flow switch on the IC's is prone to failure, but first the other two items should be investigated.

Do you have your own test kit? Can you post water chemistry results?
FC 0.1
TC 0.1
pH 7.5
TA 101
CH 405
CyA 53
Salt 2900

The plumbing takes a 90 degree turn 3" behind the SWG. Could that be my problem?

Oh yeah, I cleaned the DE filter right around April 1st.

Last edited:
Could that be my problem?
Do you have your own test kit?
It is best to have 12 inches of straight pipe before the flow switch. But it will not keep the flow switch from closing, it just may take more flow rate.

You have no FC in your pool. And those test results do not look like they come from a proper test kit. I suggest you get a proper test kit and follow the SLAM Process

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.