Best prices on new salt cell

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
I'm looking at having to replace my salt cell for the first time. I currently have a T-5 but am considering going with either a T-9 or T-15. I have a friend that can get them for me at better than pool store prices but they are still so darned expensive. Here's what he gave me.

T-5 $310.39
T-9 $348.93
T-15 $483.12

Do these prices seem reasonable?

In looking online I found a generic T-15 from PoolSupplyWorld.com for $299.00 with no shipping or sales tax.

Thoughts on generics vs. OEM?

Warranty the same between OEM and generic?

Many use the generic. Some swear by the OEM. Really a decision based on risk/reward. Is the reward of less cost up front worth the risk of a potentially shorter life span of the cell.

Warranty the same between OEM and generic?

Many use the generic. Some swear by the OEM. Really a decision based on risk/reward. Is the reward of less cost up front worth the risk of a potentially shorter life span of the cell.

I know the generic one has a 2 year warranty. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend on what the warranty is for the OEM one. My current OEM cell only had a 2 year warranty.

I'm kind of leaning towards the OEM in case there are any issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.