Best price for Hayward t-cell-15

Good morning,

My turbo cell has been limping along for about 2 years now. It consistently reads lower salt and has to be cleaned every month now for a decent reading. I run diagnostic on it and yesterday it dropped down to 1900 with a real salt reading of 4200.
I am now ready to replace it after 10 years. I have been researching generic cells and reviews. I also looked at refurbished cells from the saltpoolstore. I found bad BBB reviews for the company refurbishing these.
I also see the generic cells are a hit and miss for about $150 less.
I now think I should spend the money for a new oem cell. The lowest price I found was $435 no tax and free shipping from poolsupplyworld.
Has anybody found a lower online price factoring in tax and shipping?

Thank you,

Dawna

$425 on Amazon.

Hayward GLX-CELL-15-W TurboCell Salt Chlorination Cell for In-Ground Pools up to 40,000 Gallons Amazon.com : Hayward GLX-CELL-15-W TurboCell Salt Chlorination Cell for In-Ground Pools up to 40, 000 Gallons : Lawn And Garden Tool Replacement Parts : Garden Outdoor

Third party seller (Pool Supply Warehouse) for $417 with free shipping.

Hayward Goldline T-Cell-15 TurboCell Salt Chlorination Cell for In-Ground Swimming Pools https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002EL40RM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4h2uBbHK5A1S4

I finally ordered my new salt cell and it is on its way. I had a local pool service come out to evaluate my pool for weekly service. He suggested I drain the pool completely and start fresh since calcium is an issue in our area. My husband wants to drain it only half in order to lower the salt for the new salt cell. I used the Taylor kit to measure my salt and it is 5900 with the old salt cell showing 2900. My pool is a 12,500 gallon pool. Would it be best to totally drain it or just a portion?

Thanks,

:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.