Best Pool Vac for spa?

jbailey895

Apr 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
In-ground gunite spa with spillover to pool. Best vacuum? Pool blaster Max looks decent for $200, any feedback? I just bought a Maytronics A20 for the pool, but I don't think it would work well in the spa. There are cheaper hand-held models out there, so thought I'd solicit suggestions/feedback here.

TIA,
Joel

I have been curious what hot tub users have to vacuum out their tubs periodically. Those vacuum types should work on an in-ground gunite spa.

When I vacuum the pool I always will drop the vacuum head and run the hose over the spa dam wall into the spa but if I just wanted to vacuum the spa that is way too much hose to lug out there and hook up for a 5 minute job.

I have been using the aiper for a couple months and have been happy with it. With the coupons floating around it can be had for under $100 ( I was able to get it for $70). At that price I totally recommend it.

I like it thus far but it has some quirks. Battery life and bag capacity Suites my needs. I am using it for the full pool until I find a battery robot (I have high hopes for the upcoming aper seagull pro). Using it on the pole as I am it requires a very shallow angle otherwise it chatters along the Pebble finish.
I beleive I found the code on here but not sure protocol if I can post it. There is a $20, $60,$70 and $100 floating around but I know the $100 won't work on this , I tried lol.
Their cart software is also pretty aggressive. If you abandon the cart after putting in your email, they sent the $20 coupon next day and the $60 a few days after that.

Just FYI, none of the coupons I've found have worked on the handheld. It is currently listed on the Aiper site for $129.49 with free shipping. Haven't been able to find anything cheaper than that. There is a US pool handheld on Amazon for $99, and the Pool Blaster Max LI HD is $230. Not sure if its worth the extra scratch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Pool Blaster Max and like it a lot. I can clean the spa quickly or use it on the whole pool. It hasn't come close to dying, even while cleaning the whole pool. It excels at sucking up sand and pebbles, but not so good at getting large leaves. Large leaves jam it up pretty quickly. My only complaint would be concerning the flapper one way valve on the intake, which sometimes doesn't close well once the unit is turned off. This can allow some of the debris to flow back into the pool before you remove the unit.

Other than that, I would definitely buy the Blaster again. Very handy for spa cleaning in the cool season when you aren't using the pool much.

Just FYI, none of the coupons I've found have worked on the handheld. It is currently listed on the Aiper site for $129.49 with free shipping. Haven't been able to find anything cheaper than that. There is a US pool handheld on Amazon for $99, and the Pool Blaster Max LI HD is $230. Not sure if its worth the extra scratch.
Which one are you going with? I am having the same issues.

I was leaning towards the Aiper at $129, they keep sending me coupons once I placed it in the "basket", but none apply to the purchase price (under $150.)
Ahultin must have snuck under the radar with his purchase.
Same here but I just pulled the trigger. $129 seemed like a decent deal.

I found a review
I would add the following to the YouTube review:
1. It does not slide well on a pebble finish UNLESS you use it at the shallowest angle possible. I am currently using it as my only vacuum so do the full pool weekly while I research cordless robots. To do so I have the telescoping pole extended fully so I can keep a shallow angle and it slides ok. I have not used it without the wheeled head
2. The updated version they are currently selling is supposed to come with two nets, a fine and a super fine. I run it with BOTH on and it seems to pickup fine dust well (by biggest problem currently)
3. Battery life is long enough to do my pool at least 2x (~16x35 freform)
4. I do wish the head was a bit wider.

Last, regarding the coupon codes, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them a "hey you sent me the code and I'd love to buy it but it doesn't work " email. I'd bet at a minimum you would get something off. I am a firm believer in the only guaranteed no is to the question you don't ask!

Reactions: Newdude and Jejunum

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.