Best pool robot for a complex pool shape?

BlueWRXPride

Jun 18, 2020
Syracuse, NY
I'm a new pool owner and have a mountain lake (or mountain pond?) pool shape, with a bench at one of curves between the shallow and deep end, and a stair bench extension by the entrance. I'm concerned about a pool robot missing areas, an am wondering if any particular brands or robots are known to be better at navigating a pool such as this. I have seen some robots that have some pool scanning capability rather than just a random behavior, but I haven't found anything to indicate how effective that scanning ability is.

1621254633885.png

Hey again Blue !!

Call Margaret at Marina pools and spa in Colorado. (Their time). It may take some tries as they are always busy. With what gets reported back here time and time again, I completely understand why.

They have helped many, many members figure out what will be best for them and don’t upsell just to get a good sale. (Also reported back here more times than I can count). As much as you can research, some times they have ideas that weren’t even on your radar. Plus, it’s nice to speak with a human when you have a lot of questions.

Keep us posted !!

Well I don't know about all brands or models or scanning versus random, but my pool is similar in size and freeform shape and the M600 I've used for 2 seasons seems preternatural in its ability to find everything and clean it up. I have mesquites, willows, pines, and some deciduous trees right by the pool constantly dropping stuff. I can tell the season by the debris in the pool.

Caveat here being I have an in floor system as well that works pretty darn well so the amount the M600 needs to get is much less than it would be without such a system.

I'm a new pool owner and have a mountain lake (or mountain pond?) pool shape, with a bench at one of curves between the shallow and deep end, and a stair bench extension by the entrance. I'm concerned about a pool robot missing areas, an am wondering if any particular brands or robots are known to be better at navigating a pool such as this. I have seen some robots that have some pool scanning capability rather than just a random behavior, but I haven't found anything to indicate how effective that scanning ability is.

View attachment 333893
I have two sets of stairs, the Warrior SI doesn't go up them often. But I've found that if I just walk around the pool with my brush, it takes maybe 2 minutes to brush the stairs (good habit anyway) and the robot does the rest.

I'd think you'd have better luck with that method, than relying on scanners/sensors on the robot.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.