Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

At least here in St Louis, Menards is doing its frequent 11% rebate thing now, so the net is $4.44 / gallon... plus the cost of a stamp. Bought some yesterday.
Man, I can't be arsed to deal with Menard's 11% rebate. You have to mail in receipts and you get a store credit. I've purchased hundreds of dollars of stuff and it's just not worth the time to deal with that hassle. If it were some sort of automated system then great but I just treat Menards' prices as the shelf price and call it a day. :)

EDIT: Now if I bought an appliance from them for a grand or two, of course that would be different....

Last edited:
Reactions: blazer58
Just picked up 4 gallon juys from Corsons here in Gilbert and the price is 29+ tax. WOW the inflation is making me fill my pool with dirt...
Its trident chlorine.. not Hasa anymore
Cant keep up with these prices...
Do you have Pinch A Penny in your area? Much to my surprise, I found PAP to have the best prices around. I'm paying $7.14 for 2.5 gallons of Sodium Hypochlorite 10%.

I just started looking at bleach prices up here in Northern Illinois. Ouch!
Rural King is at 19.99/4 gallon pack of 10%
Menards was better at 4.99/gallon of 12.5%

Last year Rural King ended the season at $14.99/4 gallon 10%

$5 a pop is a steal these days. Walmart is high 5s, Lowes is $7+ and Home Depot is $10 a gallon. :(
Ahh I missed my chance to purchase from Rural King, now they are out of stock :( I may need to start with Walmart to have some stock while I wait and hope RK will restock the shelves soon.

Anyone has any tricks to buy from distributor who does not sell to residential. How can we buy from them, what do they need to agree to sell ?

Anyone has any other leads in Northern VA for chlorine.

Ahh I missed my chance to purchase from Rural King, now they are out of stock :( I may need to start with Walmart to have some stock while I wait and hope RK will restock the shelves soon.

Anyone has any tricks to buy from distributor who does not sell to residential. How can we buy from them, what do they need to agree to sell ?

Anyone has any other leads in Northern VA for chlorine.

A few years ago, before deciding to switch to SWCG, I looked into chlorine distributors in the area but didn't get very far due to storage issues. You can call Amato Inc. They deliver liquid chlorine commercially. They're based out of Silver Spring. Amato Industries You can ask if they'd fill an on-site vessel at your house and what the minimums and pricings are if they do so.

Maybe there is an Ocean State Job Lot nearby

2023 price increase at Ocean State Job Lot in the Northeast. $5.99. That is a 100.33% price increase over a 3 year period.
OTOH, it's still probably the cheapest in the area, outside the Ace Hardware special that might occur over Memorial Day weekend.

Walmart usually has reasonable prices and keeps stock indoors. Seems Home Depot, Ace and similar stores went nuts this year.
I went with Walmart. Their Chlorine went up from 3.49 to 5.49 but what can you do ?
Because of Covid, many retailers seem to just be price gauging on everything, even if they aren't impacted any longer. Great for them, bad for us.

• Angry
Reactions: KJB1
I went with Walmart. Their Chlorine went up from 3.49 to 5.49 but what can you do ?
Because of Covid, many retailers seem to just be price gauging on everything, even if they aren't impacted any longer. Great for them, bad for us.
Everything seems more expensive this year. I’m glad I made the switch to a SWG last year. No I just need LC for closing and water temp are too low and CH is already in target (otherwise I use cal-hypo).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What the heck is going on? Just looked at Home Depot and almost $9 a gallon.
How the heck is chlorine more expensive than gas?

I did buy 2 gallons early march at Walmart for $5.49 and might just stock up and throw them in my dark cold basement.

Anyone else have suggestions for the NYC/New Jersey area? I’m willing to buy in bulk and store them in my basement.

• Angry
Reactions: KJB1
I ordered from Walmart and even tough I have Walmart + they only delivered less than half of the order, its a nightmare to deal with the online support, they can only do one thing... Apologize and tell you to move on....

A little late night haul. The chlorine was produced on the 95th day of 2023 so still fairly fresh. I still have 2 gallons with December 2022 dates.

$5.49 each at Walmart.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpeg
    IMG_0722.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 11
FYI, People who get their chlorine from Ocean State Job Lot and are Inside Members, they are running a Mother's Day Special. For every $100 dollars in gift cards you buy, you get a $30 Crazy Deal Card, for up to $500 in Gift Cards and $150 in the crazy deal card. The special runs through the 17th and they say they will run it again for Father's Day. Takes a little bit of the sting off of the chlorine pricing...

Reactions: Newdude
FYI, People who get their chlorine from Ocean State Job Lot and are Inside Members, they are running a Mother's Day Special. For every $100 dollars in gift cards you buy, you get a $30 Crazy Deal Card, for up to $500 in Gift Cards and $150 in the crazy deal card. The special runs through the 17th and they say they will run it again for Father's Day. Takes a little bit of the sting off of the chlorine pricing...
If you're going to spend that much, might as well buy a SWG. 1-2 year pay back (at least where chlorine is no cheaper than $9/g)

If you're going to spend that much, might as well buy a SWG. 1-2 year pay back (at least where chlorine is no cheaper than $9/g)
No argument here, I installed a generator last year, was just passing along the deal for people who guy liquid chlorine from Job Lot. Even if you want a few gallons for an opening SLAM and get your chlorine levels up for the year you can still save some money.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support