Best place to buy a new filter?

That’s definitely one of them, and a honking one at that. Word of caution that the stock estimates are a dart throw. The bigger systems just use algorithms that in the old days would show that the equipment would ship directly from the manufacturer at XYZ date. Modern nonsense makes that day come and go and many systems haven’t been updated to reflect the current fiasco. I had several orders show in stock, just to be red flagged immediately after, and several miss their estimated target.

Nothing says yours has to fail tho, so here’s some wishful thinking from me/us. (y)

Oh yeah. The clean and clear is a go-to for MANY. I assumed you couldn’t find either yesterday and don’t know much about the Hayward’s and Jandy.

My PB was pushing the Jandy 584 (?) and while he was, all I could hear in my head was @mknauss saying ‘Jandy isn’t known for being robust’ :ROFLMAO:

So I convinced him to let me get my own equipment and I lucked out with my preferred S8M (with a lot of doing). I would have taken a CNC in a heartbeat if I had to.

• Haha
Reactions: mknauss
Oh yeah. The clean and clear is a go-to for MANY. I assumed you couldn’t find either yesterday and don’t know much about the Hayward’s and Jandy.

My PB was pushing the Jandy 584 (?) and while he was, all I could hear in my head was @mknauss saying ‘Jandy isn’t known for being robust’ :ROFLMAO:

So I convinced him to let me get my own equipment and I lucked out with my preferred S8M (with a lot of doing). I would have taken a CNC in a heartbeat if I had to.
I was looking for a Sta-Rite --- but couldn't find one, anywhere. Odd thing is my new neighbor has one -- it was installed by the previous owner a month or two ago. No clue where they got it. I'll go with the above one. Pretty cheap from what I have found and large enough to do the job and more.

Reactions: Newdude
it was installed by the previous owner a month or two ago. No clue where they got it
When nowhere I could find in person or on the web had one, my job sent me to a random mom and pop pool store a few towns over. ‘Yeah yeah I’ll fix your issues up….. while I do can you check something for me ? They had exactly *one* in their warehouse. I fixed um up and dropped $1800. :ROFLMAO: Sometimes it’s just plain dumb luck.

When nowhere I could find in person or on the web had one, my job sent me to a random mom and pop pool store a few towns over. ‘Yeah yeah I’ll fix your issues up….. while I do can you check something for me ? They had exactly *one* in their warehouse. I fixed um up and dropped $1800. :ROFLMAO: Sometimes it’s just plain dumb luck.
Now that I think about it, we have one in town. I'll call them -- fingers crossed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Again, you are settling from a Lamborghini to a Ferrari if it doesn’t pan out. Boohoo. Hehe.

Reactions: DAB942
I love that it's from Walmart if something goes south. They are using a 3rd party seller, but Walmart has a lot of pull with the seller to keep its good name.

The price is GREAT too. The bigger one is $400 cheaper than i paid last year for it.

I added it to my cart and they said it would be here in NY on Friday. Only 4 left so move quick if you want one.

My pool is 25K, do I need the 400 or 500 -- I think either one will do, if I remember correctly.
I've seen several posts say "buy the biggest you can afford." But if you're trying to save $$, it's the max flow rate that your pump delivers, not so much the volume. Figure out the flow rate from pump charts and estimated head (or get a flow gauge) and then look up what the filter allows.

For example, my old 1.5hp Whisperflow delivers about 100 gpm, so the CCP320 filter with max 120 gpm is okay, but with very little head room. (The CCP has been great, btw.) This pump moves the pool's volume in under three hours, which is a little crazy. 50 gpm would allow for a smaller filter or much easier time for the one I have. (A new VS pump is on the way!)

Last edited:
My pool is 25K, do I need the 400 or 500 -- I think either one will do, if I remember correctly.
400 is plenty big for you without unusually high amounts of crud falling in your yard. (y)

I had 80 oaks with 10k more gallons with the 500 and they probably could have gone all year without cleaning. I didn't ever let them to find out, but that was on me, not them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.