Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Our house backs up to a church that has a tall two-story building right behind us. We don't have a lot of room between our patio and the fence. I'd like to plant some palms that would add privacy at the top of the fence, without eating up a lot of space right in front of the fence. For folks in SW/Central FL, what do you recommend? Would clumping bamboo be better than palms? PXL_20210213_155017864.jpg

Last edited:
My only concern with umbrellas in FL clime would be how often do you get storms that require you to run out and lower them lest the winds blow them away and can do some expensive damage to them? Here in Georgia we've lost two at different times due to wicked winds.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My neighbor put these up. When we built our house 2 stories he told me he was going to put something up for privacy. Like I care what he does in his yard. Anyhow these palm leaves are huge and is house is west of mine. As sun sets in summer and that sun is beaming into my yard it’s now cut down and we get shade!

Attachments

• CDCB771A-79CD-4178-A6FE-67D6940C4DAF.jpeg
    CDCB771A-79CD-4178-A6FE-67D6940C4DAF.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 68
Those looks like birds of paradise. They ca
My neighbor put these up. When we built our house 2 stories he told me he was going to put something up for privacy. Like I care what he does in his yard. Anyhow these palm leaves are huge and is house is west of mine. As sun sets in summer and that sun is beaming into my yard it’s now cut down and we get shade!
That looks like what we are shooting for. How long did those take to grow, and do you know the species?

We went with adonidia palms. Love the look now, and they'll grow, maxing out at about 15 feet, from what I've read and been told.PXL_20210223_193910468.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.