Best method to unclog suction side line?

theCapstone

Feb 1, 2021
Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Drain bladder/Drain King, air compressor, snake, etc?

Suspect clog in skimmer line (single skimmer/main drain set up) rather than air leak. Had 17 frogs (<1”) in skimmer after a rain. Pump surging next day. Discovered several frogs in pump basket. Turned pump off and on several times and would get 1 new frog each time. Went from surging to almost no flow from skimmer line after that. Normal flow if I isolate the main drain.

Best method to try to unclog?

Thanks

C,

I'd use the Drain King in the pump and force water back to the skimmer.. And then force water from the skimmer toward the pump.. Might have to go back a forth a few times to get the clog moving..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Was wondering if it was doable from the pump (at work right now). I’ll pick up a Drain King on the way home to try it.

Thank you

Got slight flow from both ends with Drain King. Guess my next step is a snake. Really hoping for a blockage and not an air leak.

Tried the water hose all around connections above ground with no change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.