Best method to attach coping stone on steel/vinyl pool

To wrap this up and for anyone searching in the future here is what I did:

Poured a little concrete footer around the perimeter to support the back end of the block. Then used mortar to affix the block. Decided against epoxy for a number of reasons; cost, availability, ability to level, etc. Pics attached.

Appreciate all the suggestions/opinions!

View attachment 43284

View attachment 43283

View attachment 43285
@PipeHitter How thick of a concrete footer did you pour? Do you think cement board would work?

I’m installing a steel wall pool and am putting limestone coping around it. Was thinking of using a constructed base of cement board instead of trying to pour and level a footing around the perimeter? Anyone try this?

You need a collar around the top. No way around it. I use cement board on top rail to buffer up to cantilever coping track. I've also used lathe with a mud coat. If your in Michigan the coping will pop without being mortared down. i dont use mortar I use thinset for coping it's the best way. Must be outdoor rated. Laticrete 254 is alI i use

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.