Raleigh NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We have a concrete sport pool with shallow ends at 3-4 feet and a deeper center at 5-1/2 feet. There is a return jet at 3 corners of the pool. The return jets are about 18" to 30" from the bottom. There is a Sheer Descent waterfall very close to the deep center.

Because the return jets are so close to the bottom I never add chemicals at the jets in fear of damaging the marcite finish. For muriatic acid I first dilute it in a bucket and pour/spread it into the deep center above the fully opened main drains. Then spread it around the main drains with a brush. Would it be safe to pour undiluted acid at the base of the waterfall splash when it's running? Or, is it still okay to pour it in a pencil size stream at the returns then brush? I would prefer to eliminate the dilution step.

When adding large amounts of liquid chlorine for a SLAM I first dilute it and then pour it into the deep center by the main drains. When just adding small adjustment levels of chlorine I add it at the base of the waterfall. So same question again, where best to add liquid chlorine?

When adding any chemicals I have the pool pump, bubblers, waterfall, and spa spillway on to really churn up the water.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Do not double handle the liquid chemicals. Still add in a small stream near a return with the pump running. In your case, if you are concerned, brush the area immediately after, especially with the acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.