Best lights for pool perimeter (in flower beds)

beautifulpool

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
North TX
Any opinions on solar lights set a few feet away from pool in flower beds?
we’ve seen more snakes this year so considering solar lights -but dunno 🤷‍♀️
(a light everywhere I see a snake hole 😳)
Does
incandescent Or halogen Or LED
Produce more Voluminous light?
If I stick with white?

Solar lights have come a long way, and I use a couple in areas that I simply can't get wiring to (for now). But solar lights just seem bit weak and unreliable for me. For me personally, I still like hard-wired landscaping lights for overall looks and reliability. I've been using a typical set-up around my home perimeter from Malibu, now I believe called Heritage (or Hampton Bay?) from Home Depot. Just your standard set-up of 300' of wire, the timer/transformer, and about 12 or so lights. While they come with their own 20 watt halogen bulbs, I replaced them all with LED bulbs which are not only much less energy, but much brighter. I like those much better. Now I don't know if there's any relation to the lighting and helping to keep snakes away, but if there's one in the area you'll see it for sure.

Last edited:
I used this set which works very well and is reasonably priced. Also if lights are within 6ft of pool, most jurisdictions require a pool and spa rated transformer. Those Transformers have a divorced coil so in the case of the transformer windings failing, it won't send 120vts down the wire.F703B60D-FE0A-4B96-B243-7F1B474ADDB2.png

We went with hardwired lights mounted on tree trunks shining up into the trees. Lights in planter beds are spotlights that are also angled up towards the tops of the plants. The effect is pretty cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.