Best Electronic Pool Cleaner for Vinyl Liner Pools

btmansfi

May 5, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Looking for some input. I've had the Nautilus Dolphin CC (without wifi) in the past and had good results with it. We moved about a year ago and are rehabbing the pool at our new place. New liner went in today so I need to get a pool cleaner. I have accounts at 2 local pool places. One has the Dolphin CC Plus with wifi. The other doesn't. The other has the Dolphin Active 20 and 30 but they're quite a bit more expensive and not sure if they do anything better than the CC Plus.

Thoughts? Any other models worth looking into? We have a roughly 40k gallon vinyl liner pool. Grecian true L with an 8' deep end. At our old house I NEVER used the hose to clean the pool. The Dolphin did the job perfectly. I want something that eliminates the need for me having to manually clean. Obviously the Dolphin CC Plus did that but wondering if their newer products are even better,

Last edited:
Dolphins are hard to choose. Longevity, options, wifi, controllability, waterline scrubbing etc. Hard to make a recommendation.

LOTS of member have use Marina pools and spas. Call them. Explain the situation and have them make a recommendation. They are no non-sense and have lots of experience. Best part is they are bricks an mortar and you get full warranty.

Does your pool have a deep end? I've heard the Nautilus is good for above ground pools or flat-bottom IG pools. I have a 16x32 vinyl pool w/a deep end. My Aquabot died, and I didn't research and bought an Aiper Smart last year, which, upon further reading, doesn't like depths of over 6 ft. It also runs about 90 min. and takes 6 hrs. to charge. No one works on Aquabot near me so I'd like a robot that can be serviced. This Dolphin CC is priced right, but I'm not sure it can handle the deep end.

Does your pool have a deep end? I've heard the Nautilus is good for above ground pools or flat-bottom IG pools. I have a 16x32 vinyl pool w/a deep end. My Aquabot died, and I didn't research and bought an Aiper Smart last year, which, upon further reading, doesn't like depths of over 6 ft. It also runs about 90 min. and takes 6 hrs. to charge. No one works on Aquabot near me so I'd like a robot that can be serviced. This Dolphin CC is priced right, but I'm not sure it can handle the deep end.
I have an 8ft deep end and it cleans without issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.