Best DIY for clamping things to Intex top rail?

roamin

Bronze Supporter
May 4, 2020
North Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm looking for DIY solutions for clamping or attaching things to the top rail of an Intex metal frame pool. Basically the DIY version of these pictures...
intex-clamp.pngintex-clamp2.png

I'm making a simple skimmer arm out of PVC and some fine mesh and need to attach it to the top rail of the pool so it stays put. Have been searching for a simple DIY clamp of some kind, but haven't had any luck finding anything. Any tips or suggestions are welcome! :)

Go to the PVC hanger dept of a box store and there should be something close. Go to the clamp tool type section and pick up a kit of spring clamps, that's not what you want but it's something you can use till you find something.

You can make your own clamps with some aluminum and ss bolts but doing it and it not looking like a cluge is hard.

Reactions: roamin
Go to the PVC hanger dept of a box store and there should be something close. Go to the clamp tool type section and pick up a kit of spring clamps, that's not what you want but it's something you can use till you find something.

You can make your own clamps with some aluminum and ss bolts but doing it and it not looking like a cluge is hard.

That was my first though - PVC Hangers.

Then drill a hole in it, tap some threads, and put in a plastic bolt. they usually have plastic bolts in those "specialty parts" drawers in the hardware section. If you cannot find a plastic bolt, use a normal one, but pad the end with something so it does not mess up the top rail.

Reactions: roamin
I've been thinking about this for a few days and I'm drawing a blank. Have you found anything?
I hadn't yet, but have been busy with other stuff on my mind all week. :) Looks like modding a PVC hanger like @cfherrman and @phonedave mentioned could be a nice solution. I had never heard of such a thing, but the Google search I did turned up several interesting/promising options.

I hadn't seen the Intex skimmer clamp separately, though, (thanks @CT-Steven !!) so I may decide to be lazy and just go that route. If I do go completely DIY and come up with anything useful, I'll make sure to post it here for others to reference.

Thanks all! :)

I hadn't yet, but have been busy with other stuff on my mind all week. :) Looks like modding a PVC hanger like @cfherrman and @phonedave mentioned could be a nice solution. I had never heard of such a thing, but the Google search I did turned up several interesting/promising options.

I hadn't seen the Intex skimmer clamp separately, though, (thanks @CT-Steven !!) so I may decide to be lazy and just go that route. If I do go completely DIY and come up with anything useful, I'll make sure to post it here for others to reference.

Thanks all! :)
I was thinking of one like this

Hanger

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.