Best bang for your buck system? (replacing old system)

May 31, 2013
St.Louis, MO
Hello,

I posted a month or so ago about while trying to troubleshoot my SWG. ( Cannot get my SWG to work properly (and selling my house!)!) )

I've been pouring chlorine in manually but want to get this going before I close the pool (selling my house). I got some new "AquaChek 561140A Salt Water Swimming Pool Test Strips" from Amazon this week. I was having trouble determining the salt level in my last thread. I'm going to try messing with the pool tomorrow one more time and then probably order a new SWG system.

At this point i've done little research, is there a good system to go with? I have a Polaris AutoClear system right now, I don't believe they make cells for it anymore..
i did notice this one while searching for a cell for my old system - $600 40gallon PureLine Pool Salt System 40,000 Gallons - PL7700 - INYOPools.com

I believe my pool is about 16,000 gallons

Part of the problem will be transferring the warranty. Many warranty's only cover the original owner.

I'm a believer in offering a credit, and letting them know why, and even going so far as to install it for them if you are handy.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to check on the warranty. I have electrician friends, but have done some simple stuff myself in the past. With a pre-existing system in place I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to install a new one.

Their was a similar discussion on systems in this thread. Thinking of installing SWG, and I have some questions

ive been doing research and if you want automation all the equipment should be the same. If not a lot of advice has been to go with Circupool. I'm leaning towards the RJ-60 plus model myself to get a large unit that outputs 3.1 lbs chlorine a day and the 7 year warranty imho make this the best unit for my size pool

For a 16k pool you could go with the RJ-45 version or plus model for the longer warranty.

Their was a similar discussion on systems in this thread. Thinking of installing SWG, and I have some questions

ive been doing research and if you want automation all the equipment should be the same. If not a lot of advice has been to go with Circupool. I'm leaning towards the RJ-60 plus model myself to get a large unit that outputs 3.1 lbs chlorine a day and the 7 year warranty imho make this the best unit for my size pool

For a 16k pool you could go with the RJ-45 version or plus model for the longer warranty.

Thanks, I'll look into those more. Im selling the house so I really dont want to spend a ton, but don't want to get the cheapest system either. I'll see if I can find some more specs on my current SWG, I feel like it did pretty good for not being very fancy.

I am pretty sure my Jandy 1400 cell just died. System is a bit over 4 years old. I have had every part including the cell replaced once under warranty. I am trying to figure out what to do next. I can just buy the replacement cell but the zodiac warranty on the replacement cell is 1 year. I don't think it will last more than 2. I run the pool year round in FL. Pool is a bit over 23K gallons.

I am considering getting a complete new system as the warranty will be much better. There is the new truclear system which can run at much lower gpm. It has a 3 year warranty and the replacement cell parts are significantly cheaper than the aqua pure. I think you lose the ability to integrate with automation.

the other option may be to get the aquarite which can work with the iaqualink if you install the translator.

I can also just get a new cell for under $500.

What is the best option now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.