Best AGP??...Ready, Go!

HisGalHowell

Aug 20, 2020
MO
Hey All, we’re looking to install an AGP & about the time we think we have it narrowed down, we do more research & change our minds. Looking for the longest life span for the best value. Would install in ground but we’re too close to water table & fear future problems so have decided it’s in our best interest to just stay above. Experiences/Thoughts??

Welcome to TFP :)

The best pool is the one you like, you can go from an Intex all the way to a Radiant pool that can be completely buried

I am looking at an all resin pool, no metal at all with a non prorated lifetime warranty for saltwater :)

We decided to install a Doughboy. It was the best warranted pool available to us from local installers. It was a little pricey, as we did a great deal including fully buried hard plumbing, lights and also buried the pool itself half way in the ground. We spent more on the deck, the electrical and restoring the landscaping than we did on installing the pool itself.

The one big downside is that Doughboy explicitly states the use of a SWCG voids the warranty of the pool, which is a bit of a bummer. I would love to have that convenience. I ended up installing a Stenner LC pump system to avoid manually dosing the pool everyday.

It's beautiful and and an absolute joy for the family. It's hard to comment regarding "value," but the walls are very heavy steel and the liner is of better quality that many of my friends and neighbors inground vinyl pools. Here's it is after we completed the deck:

img_1766-jpg.148808

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Actually, I have been toying with the idea of an oval pool. I’ve always had round but my back yard is a weird shape in relationship to house, so I’m wondering if oval would work better. This extremely sad sketch shows the issue. I’m on two lots, with front yard twice as big as back, and house is angled. Current pool is marked blue. We put it there so we’d have the rest of the yard for the dogs.

6896D7C3-B05D-4CDE-83FD-57CF549F3134.jpeg

I have a 14'x48" Bestway pool. I'm perfectly happy with it, but when it's time to replace it in getting a 15'x52" pool, if they make them that deep. The fenced area I have is 17' wide and about 28' long. If I win the lottery I'll have a 20x40 inground pool put in on the other side of the house, with a fence around it.

• Haha
Reactions: Nathan8372
Welcome to TFP :)

The best pool is the one you like, you can go from an Intex all the way to a Radiant pool that can be completely buried

I am looking at an all resin pool, no metal at all with a non prorated lifetime warranty for saltwater :)

This pool in the size we are looking at is out of stock, they said it should be available in about a month or less. FYI :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.