Best 2019 Variable Speed Pump

Quoting Jim R "Curtis, Some Jandy systems can control some IntelliFlo pumps..."

there are also interface boards that are "supposed" to help diff automation systems "control" diff make VSP's. But in reality, it really comes down to turning the pump on and off w all the programming done off the pump panel. I looked at every option to see if I could control a Pentair VSP off of a Hayward Panel and it came down to how many AUX lines I had open, up to 4 max. That's better than going to the main auto panel, but most of the folks here really prefer the robustness of being able to use their remote to perform all of their programming functions, esp when you're in your spa and it's 40-45 degrees outside. Since our remote has died, my wife hates getting out of the 100 degree spa and walk 100+ ft to the pool panel to turn off the blower or something else. :) I get chills just seeing it even though I'm in the 100 degree spa up to my neck... Kim Kats, that all a joke you know. :)

If it helps, here's what I see when I got into the pump setup. Click on "VSP Setup"...

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 5.06.16 PM.png
Then click on #1 ePump...

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 5.07.45 PM.png

It lets me choose Intelliflo VS. I believe the ePump is Jandy, not sure what "VSP AC" is...

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 5.08.56 PM.png

And then it shows this. Looks like you can set different RPMs

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 5.11.12 PM.png

Since I know nothing about controlling/setup on a VS pump, does this look like it provides the compatibility I need?

Last edited:
It looks like the Pentair Intelliflo 3HP is the crowd favorite (011018). My only concern is if it will fit where my current 2.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump sits. The control board not turning isn't a concern because I believe my Aqualink RS8 will control the Pentair. Anyone have any experience with the overall size of this pump/motor/control board vs. the Jandy Stealth?
I just bought a Pentair Intelliflo VSF (011056) at great price. I hope it is a good pump as it can be programed to run at a constant flow or a variable speed. Just woundering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.