Albany NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am pretty diligent about keeping my pool clean, brushed, vacuumed, and balanced…but I still found what I believe are beetle larvae at the bottom of my shallow end where the pool jets are today (both sides but more so on the side closer to grass). I typically have a few beetles in the skimmer every morning and some small gnat like bugs that I clean out. I think what I found today are beetle larvae based on a Google image search, I’ve since cleaned them out but they looked like very small and short worms (they are not mosquito larvae). Is there anything else I can do to prevent these? I run the pump 24/7 (1725 for 22 hours and then 2 1-hour periods at 2450). I have a SWG, my tests today were FC 3.2, CC 0, Alk 60, Ph 7.6, and calcium 230. The pool temp is 75 degrees. Yesterday it was 90 degrees but today it’s back to high 70s. It has been raining quite a bit. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.