Been SLAMing for 10 days. Stalled with a slight green tint in deep end.

jamjam

Jun 25, 2020
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
CYA is ~50 and FC is 20. I’m brushing 2X every day and I have my robot running almost 24/7. Pump is running 24/7. But the deep end still has a green tint. Is it possible the green tint is something else besides algae? Pool was a swamp when I opened but it cleared up very quickly. I’m starting to get impatient as my chlorine and electric bill is gonna kill me.

AC3B085D-1933-4B0B-B9AB-699DECBB7977.jpeg

Last edited:
How often are you testing and adding chlorine?

Have you been backwashing when you pressure rises 25% over clean?

Need a closer picture, but still looks like algae.

Sand filters take the longest to clear...have you considered adding DE?

How often are you testing and adding chlorine?

Have you been backwashing when you pressure rises 25% over clean?

Need a closer picture, but still looks like algae.

Sand filters take the longest to clear...have you considered adding DE?
I added DE but my pressure rose significantly. One thing is I don’t have a main drain. I’ve been running my robot to help circulate. I could up my manual vacuuming. I’m testing and adding 2X a day.

I over shot my FC so last week I was adding minimal chlorine. My FC over night was only losing a couple PPMs

I added DE but my pressure rose significantly.
Did you backwash before you added the DE? What is significantly? How much did you add?
One thing is I don’t have a main drain. I’ve been running my robot to help circulate.
Great!
I could up my manual vacuuming.
Might help.
I’m testing and adding 2X a day.
Can you do it more often? Like every couple hours? This is what is going to move the needle and get you to the end.
I over shot my FC so last week I was adding minimal chlorine. My FC over night was only losing a couple PPMs
Have you taken the ladder out and scrubbed in the tubes? Did you scrub the skimmers and check the backs of the weir doors? Scrub behind any lights?

Ladder tube brush:

By significant pressure it was enough to drop my flow where my heat pump turned off. I’d say I went from 16psi to close to 30 after a few hours. That was 2 cups DE. I’ll backwash and try again.

Earlier last week I was testing every few hours but I didn’t see any significant loss of FC

I can just take the ladder out. But I don’t think the ladder has any algae at all since I just put it in.

By significant pressure it was enough to drop my flow where my heat pump turned off. I’d say I went from 16psi to close to 30 after a few hours. That was 2 cups DE. I’ll backwash and try again.
Follow the article and add in 1/4 cup increments until you get the 1psi rise.
Earlier last week I was testing every few hours but I didn’t see any significant loss of FC

I can just take the ladder out. But I don’t think the ladder has any algae at all since I just put it in.
Got it...

Well, it cleared up. I guess it just needed a couple more days. I have yet to do an OCLT but when I turn my light on at night the water no longer glows green. I’m gonna keep it at SLAM a few extra days and then let the FC come down a bit. We got 3” of rain the other day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.