BDavis BBQ Island

Yup. It's such a burden to have a cooking deck that is unique and doesn't look like the standard showroom setup at your local Costco ... Oh, and when people see the BGE and say, "Wow! I've heard so many fabulous things about your Egg...it looks amazing!" ... yeah, it's a bummer I didn't choose the pronto ... promo ... prio ... what's it called again?? So hard to remember the name when it looks like every other one on the market ...

:pth: :poke:

How long does it take to get used to the food looking like this?View attachment 51920

I could not, would not Sam-I-Am...

But remember how the story ends -

a50f19d94213143fb021d757b147fa28.jpg

I've heard great things about them but I can't get past the looks. The Primo sure looks a lot better.

The other issue is that I'm in Traeger country and may get chastised if I go the kamado route.

Probably before I do anything I should actual use the Lion that I bought :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

The BBQ is under a covered patio but is near the edge of it. I'm not too concerned with smoke issues because the ceiling is almost 11' high. I never had any issues with my old grill either.

I'll see if I have a picture to show it a little better.

View attachment 51903

Not a great picture but you can see the old BBQ on the far left. The island was built in the same spot

My ceiling is 12' and lanai is 32' long
The location for the summer kitchen is equivalent to the wall where you have the windows on the right side of your lanai. I have 2 ceiling fan outlets in the lanai.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's a better overall shot. Smoke has never been an issue, I could always run the fans as well.

IMG_20160712_084928819_HDR.jpg

Here's the caveman pool table. I have a cue for you Matt that I whittled from a solid piece of Russian white oak that was reclaimed from a 200 year old Catholic Church... Just be prepared to lose!

IMG_20160712_085028869.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.