San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I am new to the forum and just finished a pool about 6 months ago. Built it as an owner builder.

Anyways, just sharing some of the BBQ area that I built with custom built in TV enclosure. The fire bowls are ones I made as well.

Now I am working on the patio cover which is taking a little longer. I am doing a steel frame with only 2 posts connected to the house and a louvered system on top that will open and close.

PXL_20211122_003609868.jpg

IMG_20210923_194804.jpg

IMG_20210923_190925 (1).jpg

Hi,

That looks great - What kind of icemaker is that and does it keep up in the heat of the summer? I am looking to add one outside but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't work well outside and break in a few years.

Reactions: alexanderika
Hi,

That looks great - What kind of icemaker is that and does it keep up in the heat of the summer? I am looking to add one outside but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't work well outside and break in a few years.

This is the ice maker, Amazon.com: CROWNFUL Commercial Ice Maker 100Lbs/24H, Stainless Steel Ice Machine with 33Lbs Ice Storage Capacity, Free-Standing Under Counter Ice Maker, Ideal for Home, Office, Restaurant, Bar, Coffee Shop : Appliances

I have been very pleased with it. It certainly does well in the heat. We are in San Diego and it has worked well in the heat. I usually turn it off every few weeks for a week or so and when we know we will be having people over I turn it on the day before and I usually get a solid 20+ lbs of ice. What you don't see in this picture is a beverage refrigerator we have in the island. I feel like the beers never get as cold as I like so I usually toss a 12 back of something in the bottom of the ice maker when I turn it back on.

The ice maker is perfect when we have people over and want to make cocktails out by the pool. I wish the ice compartment was a bit larger but I needed something that would work under the counter and this has been a good option. The other thing I do also is when I know we are having a party and will need additional ice I have a few reusable bags I fill up with ice and put ice in the freezer in the garage. That helps.

I wanted to avoid buying $10-20 in ice every time we have people over and this is doing the job. But if you need to fill up a wheelbarrow with drinks and ice you would want an ice maker that produces more volume.

Ice Maker.png

Reactions: brimorga
Very pretty area!

Please tell how you made those fire bowls! I LOVE firebowls!

Kim:kim:

I made them myself using planters I found at a local nursery here in the San Diego area. They are 27" and have rock to drain and drain through a PVC line that I installed when we did the concrete.

So far they have worked out really well and cost a lot less. They do not have automation but we only use them a few times per month so I just light them the old fashioned way.

Here is a video I made of the project if you're interested.

Alex,I have some questions about the planters turned fire bowls.
-Have you felt the outside of the bowls when the fire is lit?

-Have you moved the rocks to see how the inside of the bowls look?

Yeah I have a few times. They have never been too hot. Warm but I purposely used 18" rings so there would be a good 4-5" of space around the edges. I also sealed the bowls with some Thompson water sealer before painting them. And I have a fair amount of DG in them and they drain well. We don't get a lot of rain in So Cal so it has worked out well so far and it's been about 8 months.

I have moved the glass around on top to inspect the rings a bit but other than that I have not noticed any issues. I have seen similar bowls built for fire pits and these are basically just small fire pits next to the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.