BBB for Beginners

I'm at 25 FC right now. I just ordered some reagent and the powder, expedited.....

Water is starting to look better, too. A little warm tho...92 F. Can I run my fountain overnight during the SLAM?

Thanks for all your help, ya'll. It is appreciated.... :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Progress!!

FC 21.5
CC 0

My water is perfectly clear, there is no chlorine odor, and I only lost 2.5 ppm overnight as opposed to the 10-12 since I started this. I took it back to shock level now so I will test periodically today and hopefully I will pass the OCLT in the morning and be able to relax again

Thanks for the help guys. I've recommended this forum to 2 friends at work, so far.....

I think I got it wooped.....

FC 6.6
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 100
CH 150
CYA 60

Chlorine was adjusted to 7 PPM at dusk last night. Didn't test this morning, but it just tested a 6.6 after almost 20 hours. It was cloudy most of the day today, so no sun eating it. I raised it back to 7, and will make sure to OCLT in the morning.

I want to thank you guys for helping me out with the testing and the advice....this is truly an awesome site!!

:goodjob:

Personally, I prefer doing the OCLT up around shock level (or at least 10ppm) ... since you should not have dropped down to 7 from shock level until after passing the OCLT anyway.

That was initially the plan, but I got caught up doing some other stuff and neglected to buy bleach. So I allowed it to slowly drop Saturday and Sunday to normal levels. In the future I will have a better idea of what I need to keep on hand to do the SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.