Bathroom hot tub

dschlic1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2007
Valrico, FL
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. We currently have a large single person Jacuzzi tub in our master bath room. We are going to replace it with a whirlpool hot tub / spa. We are looking at tow types. The first is a corner mounted drop in hot tub more in line with a regular soaker type tub. The second is to go with a more conventional hot tub/spa. either of these will be small, the available space is 65" by 84". One of my concerns with the contential hot tub/spa is that these are normally left with water in them. For this type we will definitely be using a cover. Will humidity be an issue? Has anyone experience with the builtin corner type hot tubs?

Are you planning to upgrade your bathroom ventilation? Most standard bathroom vents are only 50CFM. You might want to check if there are any building codes for required CFM of exhaust with an indoor bathroom hot tub. An HVAC contractor might be able to give you good advice on ventilation specs.

There are two fan vents in the bathroom, one in the shower and another above the toilet. I don't have any idea how big they are. The house is 21 years old. I do know that we have steamed up the bathroom many times of the years, my wife likes to take HOT showers.

IMHO, you would have way too many issues with a conventional hot tub/spa indoors. The tops tend to drip water off of the cover, since the water under the cover is steamy. I would get a nice jetted tub instead, or get a soaking tub and put the spa outside.

I would think it would be difficult to get a conventional spa indoors unless you have some giant doorways or found a really small spa.....

I agree with HomeGameRoom... I would avoid excess moisture hanging out in the house. Mold would be a problem, will the weight of the floor support it? Ventilation would need upgrading. Just sounds like a huge mistake to me. Put a hot tub outside. They're far nicer to sit and soak in, and they won't damage the house.

A coworker who moved away a while ago had a 4 season/ plexiglass room with a hot tub in it. The humidity in the enclosure was off the charts. It stayed in the room because he had a door that was only open long enough to enter the room. I can only imagine what it would have done if there was open access to the living space of the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.