Basketball Hoop Comparison

nebtex

Aug 4, 2016
Midlothian TX
Thoughts / advantages on using the hoops with the bases that have more traditional rim vs having one of the floating styles? Is it just preference. My kids are older and not much for basketball players but looking for activities and thought the floating style may be just enough.

Thoughts / advantages on using the hoops with the bases that have more traditional rim vs having one of the floating styles? Is it just preference. My kids are older and not much for basketball players but looking for activities and thought the floating style may be just enough.
I have the same queston. Also, the hoops are different sizes. Regulation size or you think any size hoop would be fine. I want to make sure the base we get is heavy enough that it won't topple over. Anyone have comments on that?

Mine is water filled and higher end. Not super attractive, but very functional. The backboard and rim together has a breakaway design. They also make a clear backboard version. Smaller ones are fine but they will move or tip with heavy play. I love it. Gets use every time someone is in the pool. I don't think the floating ones would be very fun. I have enough trouble getting the sphere through the ring without it bobbing around.

Splash and Slam

This is a picture of it at a very low setting. It can go quite high.

Im pretty sure I have the clear backboard version that bmoreswim posted. We use it all the time. I sprayed the hoop and all the metal with a protectant to help with the rust

Some versions do have a stainless steel rim and hardware. Ours does and it is unaffected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.