Barracuda

mististu

May 30, 2023
Sarasota Florida
I have 'the pool cleaner' suction vacuum Baracuda, in my in ground pool and the hose plugs right in to the side of my pool. I was wondering when we go swimming is it ok to just unplug the vacuum hose and remove it from the pool while the pump is still running without having to turn off the pump? There's a cap that drops down and covers the hole that the vacuum hose plugs into, I just want to pull the vacuum out while were swimming cause its in the way!Thank you

I have 'the pool cleaner' suction vacuum Baracuda, in my in ground pool and the hose plugs right in to the side of my pool. I was wondering when we go swimming is it ok to just unplug the vacuum hose and remove it from the pool while the pump is still running without having to turn off the pump? There's a cap that drops down and covers the hole that the vacuum hose plugs into, I just want to pull the vacuum out while were swimming cause its in the way!Thank you
But if the cap closes down it will seriously restrict the pump suction which could cause pump damage. I would turn off the pump

Reactions: mististu
@mististu, a note was mentioned above related to water flow to the pump. Suctions lines are plumbed differently to the pump. Does your pump still receive water from the skimmer or drain even when you are vacuuming with the Barracuda? The concern is that if your pump only receives water from the Barracuda when cleaning, then when the wall port is closed your pump won't receive water. But if your skimmer(s) and/or main drain still provide water to the pump while vacuuming it's fine. If you have any questions about that let us know. If you aren't sure about your set-up, you can post pics of your equipment pad from a couple different angles so we can see all the lines and valves to help you out.

Reactions: mististu
@mististu, a note was mentioned above related to water flow to the pump. Suctions lines are plumbed differently to the pump. Does your pump still receive water from the skimmer or drain even when you are vacuuming with the Barracuda? The concern is that if your pump only receives water from the Barracuda when cleaning, then when the wall port is closed your pump won't receive water. But if your skimmer(s) and/or main drain still provide water to the pump while vacuuming it's fine. If you have any questions about that let us know. If you aren't sure about your set-up, you can post pics of your equipment pad from a couple different angles so we can see all the lines and valves to help you out.
Thanks for clarifying.. I was commenting that some owners have their valves set 50/50 as to cleaner/skimmer suction. Also leaving the suction line open with the pump running would be a cause for entrapment for little children. Dangerous indeed

Reactions: Texas Splash
,I'm assuming my skimmer and drain still provide water i thought that was always the case. Now I'm not sure
It depends on how you set your suction valve Do you have kids? The suction issue is real for small kids, but not for adults. If you want to keep the pump on, you should close the flap and set the suction valves to 100 percent skimmer suction. Safety first

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.