Balboa VS501Z Filter Cycle not starting

dlucier

Aug 4, 2020
Michigan
Wondering if anyone has had this problem ?

I have a balboa spa pack VS501Z (54356-03) and I am having issues with the filter cycle starting per the programmed schedule. completely shut power down to the hot tub and the normal startup procedure takes affect however after it completes the initial cycle - the next filter cycle does not begin at the expected 12 hour interval ?? I'm out of ideas and have done everything I can possibly due short of buying a new spa pack or replacing the circuit board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No the SPA pack is about 5 years old. The only time it goes to low speed is after a full purge restart. After it completes that it goes out and then never comes back on. Im wondering if there is a bad relay preventing the motor from starting ?

Pretty hot here in the summer so I have the temp set at 85 degrees and try not to have the heaters turn on. It typically runs for the whole duration of whatever filter cycle I have it set at (i.e 2,4,6,8,etc..)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.