Balancing Pool Water

mdogan

Bronze Supporter
Nov 20, 2017
Frisco,TX
Hi

Finally i got my Taylor 2006-C test kit and had first set of data . Leslie result for CYA & CH are 85 & 220

here is Taylor results ( 13000 G)
FC=9.2
CC=0.2
PH=7.4
TA=80
CH=500 ( city average is 270)
CYA=120-130

After reading all discussions and advises ;

needs to Reduce CYA to 30-40 ( via dilution and i think this also will be improved CH ??)
then needs to use liquid bleach/chlorine as long as possible...

Question is here, if pool is in balance of FC/CYA no need to shock the pool? what if happen needs ? and this should be via Cal-Hypo?

If FC/CYA is in balance, there is no chance get algae in the pool ? and no need to use any algae chemical ?

Also as most of you advised, no need to care of phosphate and no need Natural Chemistry products...these are supplementary and with or without pool will be in good shape as long as FC/CYA in balance.

Is this that much easy ?

By the way, once again thanks for this group/forums...

Shocking won't be needed if you maintain your minumum FC level per the [FC/CYA]FC/CYA[/FC/CYA] unless something unsanitary gets added to the pool.

If you do need to SLAM Process the pool, use bleach/liquid chlorine. Your fill water is already fairly high in CH so your level will continue to rise even without using cal-hypo.

It is that easy once you get used to it.

m,

Yes, it is really that easy. Since I found TFP, I have never had to add any pool store shock to my pool. That has been about four years now. I have also never had to SLAM a pool, which is great, but puts me at a disadvantage when trying to answer SLAM questions. :p

The whole key is to keep your CYA and FC per this chart. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

You will also notice that your FC of 9 "sounds" high, until you look at the chart and realize that with a CYA level of 120 you are well below what you need.

As you already stated, your best bet is to drain and start over...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.