Balancing PH & TA with Water Feature?

Jun 9, 2015
clermont, fl
Hi,

I had some issues with my pool last week and my TA went up to 300 and PH was off the scale. I added muriatic acid (a little too much) so I am in the process of aerating to get the PH back to good.

I was looking up methods people use to aerate in the forum and saw a thread of someone who built a PVC device from the return to create basically a shower in the pool. I thought my kids might enjoy this just for fun, but if I have that installed all the time (or even just when they are out in the pool), the aeration would raise the PH (not sure how fast).

Is there a way to handle that without it being an endless cycle of aeration to raise the PH and adding the muriatic acid to drop it? I'm also assuming I would need to continually add baking soda because the MA would drop the TA every time I add it.

Any ideas on the best way to handle it?

David

David, you certainly don't want to get on that acid baking soda yo-yo train. That will get frustrating. You can aerate the water in many ways, so there is no one hard-fast rule. If you elect to rig something to a return jet, just make sure it's removable is all. Once the aeration or fountain fun time is over you can reinstall the return jet and be back to normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.