Balancing chemistry after pool resurfacing

HiddenRiver

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2017
East Coventry, PA
Our pool was resurfaced in the late fall, we brushed and balanced (or tried to) then closed the pool for the winter. Just opened the pool this week. It was cloudy and green. The green is gone with the Alam but pH CH and Alk is way out of kilter. I think I balance pH first, is this correct? Also, trying to raise CH according to pool math and I just bought Cal-Plus. Anyone know what chemical this is? Lots of questions, as I know this balancing is tricky—advice welcome.

FC. 5
CC 2.5
CH 175
PH 8.2+
TA. 140
CYA. 30
CSI. 0.53

No, not floc to kill algae, to raise hardness but can’t log my addition because the brand name does not include chemical make up. Working on the chlorine too. It was 5 when I got up this morning. I have not done the overnight test. Worried about the new surface and raising chlorine too high especially with the pH out of whack? Could you provide your thoughts on what chemical constituents to take care of first?

Does the packaging for Cal Plus indicate ingredients? Google does not come up with anything for Cal Plus

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.