mkmscr

Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Question, in the pool matcH IOS TFP app it says in the “effects of adding” section that adding baking soda does not increase PH but only TA. However, if I Google topics how to raise PH (aside from aeration) they all recommend baking soda. Which is accurate?

Baking soda DOES raise pH but by such a small amount compared to TA rise that its inconsequential.

What you want to add to raise pH is WASHING soda, or Borax. Both can be found in the laundry section at your local box store.

Baking Soda is Sodium Bicarbonate. Washing Soda is Sodium Carbonate

Reactions: mkmscr
Baking soda DOES raise pH but by such a small amount compared to TA rise that its inconsequential.

What you want to add to raise pH is WASHING soda, or Borax. Both can be found in the laundry section at your local box store.

Baking Soda is Sodium Bicarbonate. Washing Soda is Sodium Carbonate
I agree. I got into a debate with a guy in another forum. I was using my trusty TFP app and tried explaining this to him but he kept telling me I was wrong. So, I wanted to clarify. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.