Bad gasket help

Mar 14, 2017
Charleston, sc
One of the gaskets in my lowest drain (the part where the water goes out of the pool to the pump) has gone bad and has a tiny leak. Do I have to empty the pool and replace the part like the pool guy recommended or is there something I can seal around with? It's a vynil pool with the frame

I am a gasket manufacturer and while I would love to help you myself that would defeat the purpose as I am sure there are already off the shelf gaskets if you needed one. Anyway it brought me to this thread and a quick google search brought me to this stuff:

Underwater Sealant for Swimming Pools and Spas - AquaFlex

Not sure if it will work, but for $100.00 I would certainly try it. You wouldn't have to empty the pool. If you do try it let the rest of us know how it works.

If you are talking about an above ground Intex style pool you should not have to drain it to fix the leak. You may need an extra pair of hands to help you, however. If you post a picture showing the problem area we can advise you better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.