backwashing during a SLAM

gwtw

Apr 23, 2018
Kentucky
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it harmful to your sand filter to backwash often, or backwash when chlorine levels are really high? There is a tree next to my pool that is dumping seeds and tiny leaves into my pool constantly, so I'm concerned that I won't be able to clear this pool up unless I vacuum once a day during the SLAM. I don't have a pool robot and I can't get these seeds and tiny leaves up with my net. I won't be vacuuming up anything large so I really don't want to vacuum to waste unless that is my safest option. I know that I need to backwash as soon as filter pressure have increased by 25%, but it hasn't reached that point yet.

Is it harmful to your sand filter to backwash often, or backwash when chlorine levels are really high? There is a tree next to my pool that is dumping seeds and tiny leaves into my pool constantly, so I'm concerned that I won't be able to clear this pool up unless I vacuum once a day during the SLAM. I don't have a pool robot and I can't get these seeds and tiny leaves up with my net. I won't be vacuuming up anything large so I really don't want to vacuum to waste unless that is my safest option. I know that I need to backwash as soon as filter pressure have increased by 25%, but it hasn't reached that point yet.
Here are some options::
Vacuum on recirculate with skimmer sock in place (check often)
Vacuum on recirculate with pool devil (LOVE ours!!)
You can vacuum and backwash during SLAM Process, just watch the pressure and if it goes up, than backwash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.