Drthunt

Feb 19, 2022
TX
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Does anyone have experience with appropriate places to drain backwash water if we have an aerobic septic system? We have a saltwater pool & sand filter. We are on large (approx 2 acre lots), but our lot has a lot of slope (toward them).

Our neighbor is complaining about water coming from our lot, and we are trying to find other ways to disperse the backwash water.

You can confirm with your septic maintainer and perhaps Environmental at the country, but I don't believe they allow pool backwash to go into aerobic systems. I have aerobic and we can't even let water softener regen water go into the septic. Is there some other drain relief on your property that a longer backwash hose could reach?

You definitely don’t want your pool water in your septic system- it’s only designed to handle the amount of waste water your size home puts out.
We have a septic system & I just put my backwash in the yard about 40ft from the pool which is also far from my septic tank & leach field.
Unless I am draining the pool down for winter there’s really not that much water happening for a normal backwash/rinse cycle. I also don’t need to do it often enough that it causes a runoff problem. I backwash maybe 3 or 4 times a season including opening & closing. Backwashing should occur when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure- not on some arbitrary schedule.

Ok thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it. We seem to have to backwash about once a month. We have German Shepherds that swim year round and shed like crazy, so that might have something to do with it. Thanks again!

Get some of these for the skimmers to keep the dog hair out of the plumbing
G & F Products 13040-100 Disposable Bouffant Caps Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, Non-Woven, Medical, Labs, Nurse, Tattoo, Food Service, Health, Hospital, White, 100/Sleeve https://a.co/d/7BYJGUW

We have German Shepherds that swim year round and shed like crazy
Make sure you are using a skimmer sock in your poolside skimmer to help catch all the hair. It does wonders for our dog's hair, small debris/grass, and tiny insects. A skimmer sock is easy to pull out and clean (or toss in the trash) and allows less debris to hit the main filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.