Backwash hose

Yeah not planning on using any fittings. My thought was to use the current fittings at the end of the existing 1.5" pipe as a 'collar' to hold the clamps. So slide this 2" hose over those fittings and clamp behind them. And yes, it seems like a pretty serious hose, but I am really sick and tired of backwash hoses breaking and wasting $$.

I have a similar idea and was wondering if pumping my backwash not very far (20') but having it go straight up (5') and over and down into a holding drum. It's a sand filter. Buy the sounds of some comments here, that should be too much pressure?

Update: so I finally received (there was a shipping problem with my original order) and hooked up the Hydromaxx discharge hose (just clamped it to my waste pipe). The hose seems very sturdy and didn't move at all during the process. Have only done one backwash with it, so can't speak to longevity yet, but I have had countless 'backwash hoses' burst on the first use. Overall, seems very durable. Now, I need to get one of those fire hose reels to roll it up aftwards.

This is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00821BSFU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.