backwash hose?

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
:snorkle::snorkle::snorkle:

getting ready to set up my first sand filter and swg as soon as I see a peek of sun ... Intex 2800 GPH Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pool Pump and Saltwater System

I keep reading about backwashing...seems to have a separate hose (flat blue jobby I keep seeing) ... is that the only / best option or should I consider something with a bit more "backbone" :)

just do not want to spend $20 on something and have it not be what I really need

thanks in advance for any input!

You can look on eBay for a used fire hose in the diameter you need. Many of these hoses are basically brand new but are out of date code for use as a fire hose.

If it comes with the metal ends, you can cut one end off, slip the hose over your backwash fitting and clamp it in place. The hose should outlast your pool......

You can look on eBay for a used fire hose in the diameter you need. Many of these hoses are basically brand new but are out of date code for use as a fire hose.

If it comes with the metal ends, you can cut one end off, slip the hose over your backwash fitting and clamp it in place. The hose should outlast your pool......

This is what I did. When I bought my house the backwash was plumbed into the same underground corrugated plastic pipe that the house downspouts used. Whenever I would backwash it would back up and flow out of the bottom of one of my house downspouts. I had nightmares of my crawl space being flooded. I quickly disconnected that, got a 100' used 1.5" firehose that I can screw into the new 2' waste PVC on my multivalve. I had to get a special adapter as the firehose threads aren't the same as typical NPT PVC threads, but it works like a champ now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard of the used fire-hose option! I may look into that.

I've always had to use the flimsy 50' blue "hose" - and at best I usually get 1 year out of it before it just bursts at the seams and makes a crazy mess all over.
It would have been ideal to hard plumb it underground to the curb right where the storm sewer drain is - but a bit too late now, and there are ton of electrical/phone/cable wires buried where I need to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.