Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi Everyone
So we are back again with another pool. Just purchased our test kit from this site and am getting used to it. I believe our numbers are pretty good w/ CSI looking correct. However, we are seeing some calcium scaling (little balls coming thru the pebbletech). Is this normal?
Our pool is only a few months old and most folks we talk to say that this is a normal occurrence.
Do I need to scrub and/or vacuum more? Right now I do once a week as we don't use much and we have a pool cage over it. Should I get a more stiff brush as the one I have now is a softer one.
Thanks for this site! It is so helpful to us.

CL - 5.0
PH - 8.0 (added 10oz if MA to get down to 7.5)
TA - 60
CH - 300
CYA - 60
Salt - 2850
Temp - 82

CSI is right at 0 prior to MA. This will take it down to -0.47.

Post pics of the little balls coming thru the pebbletech.

Calcium scaling does not create little balls.

Thanks
I will try to get a good picture in the morning when the sun is out... It is hard to see without the light just right...

I hope these pictures are helpful.
In the first one you can see some growths coming from the middle of the shot. And towards the top you can see little spots that look like they are the beginnings of these larger ones.
My pool installer is saying this is normal for the surface since it is new.
Does this help identify what it could be or if it's just a normal start up and I need to scrub and vacuum more often?
Thanks again
Dave

Attachments

• 20221101_091541.jpg
    20221101_091541.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221101_082616.jpg
    20221101_082616.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.