Availabilty of Intellicenter; Intellivalves; Microbrites; Globrites?? Or, just switch to Hayward?

mnmpizza

Gold Supporter
Dec 9, 2020
New Orleans
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Recently filled 30K Gallon Gunite Pool [30-days ago] and our family has been happily swimming since then... We are limping by with a lot of parts on back-order per my PB. We currently have the following:
Have: Pentair Panel w/EasyTouch and 8 relays... Waiting on: Intellicenter w/WIFI
Have: Pentair Compool Valves [x2]... Wating on IntelliValves [x2]
Have: IC40... Waiting on an IC60 - - this may be a good thing, as I'll be able to use the 40 until the 60 arrives... ;)
Have: No Lights [Just Nylon Pull Cord]... Waiting on 6x Color MicroBrites and 2x Color Globrites [for Bubblers]. MB's can be: 50' [x2]; 75' [x3]; 100' [x1]. GB's can be 75' [but, one will be tight - so, may need a 75' and a 100']. Of course, I'd take 100' for all lights!
Have: No Heater [Stubbed in PVC and Gas]... Waiting on a MasterTemp 400K NG [Newer model, preferred]. This can obviously wait until Fall.

My questions: Anyone in the same boat? Is there anyone to call and maybe expedite? Am I just out of luck?

Thanks! Shannon [in New Orleans]

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Cabana.From.Pool.jpg
    Cabana.From.Pool.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Equip.Room.JPEG
    Equip.Room.JPEG
    452.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@mnmpizza
I'm not sure how much of a "tinkerer" you are or what skill sets you possess in the following area BUT....

- Given the fact that complete IntelliCenter kits are nowhere to be had now for the most part and that also goes for a-la-carte parts (i.e. Load Center, Personality Kits and WiFi Link Kits (if applicable), you know you really don't need one anyway.

There is a very cool alternative to typical pool controllers/automation. In fact, knowing what I know now, if I were just starting out, I wouldn't even purchase a standard automation controller now that "Nixie" has burst onto the scene.

You could keep your ET load center to house your breakers and relays, and install another automation enclosure right next to it to house the other components that you would need.

Check out this link below. The skills necessary to install this system are not rocket science and you get much more functionality with nodejs-poolContoller/dashPanel, then anything that EasyTouch or IntelliCenter could offer. And at a fraction of the expense of an IntelliCenter. In fact, I NEVER use that Pentair Web-Client. When the Pentair servers are down, that fact is completely transparent to me.

I use the njspc/dashPanel/REM components of this entire system and essentially my IntelliCenter i10PS is no more than a "dumb" slave to the njspC pool controller now.

r.

EDIT: Correction, I know where two i10PS/w salt (which are overkill for most setups) systems are at the moment but those will probably be gone in a day or two. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: jonpcar
I do like to 'tinker' - - however, since this is my first pool, I'm wanting a full system of plug-n-play items that all work together and whereby a community can give me advice when I'm stumped. Hence, the Pentair Intellicenter and all of its bits and pieces... After reading a bunch on this forum, I went that way. My PB tried to talk me into Hayward [full system], but I would have nothing of it... Now, I find myself without most of the pieces. Don't get me wrong, we can swim - - and, swim we do - - every evening!!

Today, my PB said he'd work up a proposal to pull out all the Pentair equipment and put in a Hayward OmniLogic system: Panel; Pumps; 40-SWG with 4-yr warranty; Lights; Heater; etc........ I'm thinking this is a move worth entertaining. I know there is a Hayward rep nearby and they have ZERO issues with parts and warranty items. I can't imagine Pentair standing by any of their stuff for some time - - heck, they can't even push out new items... Maybe it's just timing, but Pentair has not impressed me thus far [in this 3-month journey]. Shannon

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.