Availability of Intex Pools (COVID-19 impact)

I just can never get over how far those pools have come in a relatively short time. They were basically blue burlap sacks with white pipes when I was building. If someone likes that look, it’s still available, but there are so many other options now, including rectangles, Kermit the Frog green or camouflage....... there is something for everybody. And in a pinch, unexpectedly stuck home either from work or watching children, is a heck of way to have a pool for $74- $2000.

I called Intex pool corporate office about two weeks ago and spoke with a customer service representative. I was told they are out of pools because China’s manufacturers are not sending them because of Covid 19 and they don’t know when the pools will be coming in.

Reactions: Windylou
Its been crazy were i live.
We had plans to buy 15 x 48. No luck due to covid.
So started looking on marketplace people are over pricing the Crud out of them.
My wife lucky found summer waves 14 x 42 at walmart. $220
Same pool some guy on Market place wants $700 for.
I ask him if it was the same pool that walmart sales.
He says yes.
I said Dang you must got one that had few extra 100 bills in it.
But now people are buying them up and re saleing in my area.
It pisses me off. Im all about good hustle but Dang. Most of the time these pools are for kids.
To think some redneck is going to make few extra hundred dollars just because he snatch up supply at walmart. Just like friggin tp hoarders.
Like some one is going to get rich off some one probably just barley making it because everybody hours been cut to 40 or 32 a week.
Sorry its sore subject for me had to vent.

Sorry its sore subject for me had to vent.
It’s valid as can be. Have at it. I’ve been on this earth long enough to see things come back around. The karma train is a mean mean lady.

the hoarders have kids too. It always levels out somehow given enough time.

Reactions: Windylou
I know what you mean!!!!

This is our 4th year buying Intext pools. It has been such a headache trying to find an Intext 18x43 that doesn't cost over $1800. It took us over a month.

We found the Intex Prism Frame Premium 18x43 on eBay. Some guy bought a couple from their local target and resold them. With taxes and all, it came out to $1,500 :( Its for the kids! and we have 5 of them!

Best of luck!

We had the same problem finding a pool. It would say in stock at Walmart, but when we went, no pools. One day it said no stock and my husband went by anyway. He found a different, more expensive pool than we were looking for, he got it anyway, since it was the first he'd seen in weeks of looking. I was looking on Ebay and Facebook, and the prices are crazy there!

Nancy :flower:

I called Intex pool corporate office about two weeks ago and spoke with a customer service representative. I was told they are out of pools because China’s manufacturers are not sending them because of Covid 19 and they don’t know when the pools will be coming in.
Look at you being proactive! It never even occurred to me to call & ask! We’re good for this year, but I was hoping to get my XTR for next year on sale this fall, but if they can’t get em, they won’t be on sale. The only place I can find one is over double the normal pricing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.