Autopilot pool pilot cell PPC1

Oct 23, 2017
Sunbury, Ohio
Has anyone had issues with this cell? I replaced the cell and cord back in April of this year and I have had issues the entire year with its chlorine output. My pool, as of tonight is pH 7.2, FC 1.0 ppm, CC 1.0 ppm, salt @ 3400 ppm, CYA 68 ppm and it has an automated cover so it’s covered throughout the day so sunlight isn’t eating the chlorine. My autopilot shows 16 volts and 5.1 amps and I again checked the cell and it has no scale. I know it’s producing chlorine but I feel it’s simply not producing enough. I put the unit, again, in a 72 hour boost mode last night and the chlorine levels after 24 hours have barely moved. Any thought?? Thanks.

Tom

Unless the unit is showing an error, you're probably not running it long enough.

Right now, you need to SLAM.
I ran my previous cell for 12 hours..6 on, 6 off, 6 on, 6 off. I get almost 3 water turnovers at this rate and the ran the cell at 37% and never had a problem..FC was 3-5 ppm. Now with the new cell I still run the same times but the FC isn’t even close..even when I run in 24 and 72 hour boost modes. I actually did a SLAM last weekend to get my CC down. But once again the FC came back to 1 ppm. I just feel the cell isn’t producing enough chlorine. Thanks for the reply.

Unless you went to a smaller cell then the previous cell, the output should be the same.

Do "Test Pool Pilot" to see what that shows.

Check the cell for scale and clean if necessary, but only if necessary.

You can increase the power level, which will increase the voltage and amperage to increase the chlorine production.

Most likely, you got behind the chlorine demand and algae has gotten started, even if you can't see it.

You should do a full SLAM and then maintain the fc at 15% of the cya for a week and then 10% thereafter.

I don't know the autopilot system, but you can do a very simple test to see if the cell is putting out. Take a water bottle , cover the opening with your hand so water can't get ,lower it into the pool right in front of a return jet and fill the bottle. Test this water to see if and how much FC it has. I think it'll tell you if the cell works.

Unless you went to a smaller cell then the previous cell, the output should be the same.

Do "Test Pool Pilot" to see what that shows.

Check the cell for scale and clean if necessary, but only if necessary.

You can increase the power level, which will increase the voltage and amperage to increase the chlorine production.

Most likely, you got behind the chlorine demand and algae has gotten started, even if you can't see it.

You should do a full SLAM and then maintain the fc at 15% of the cya for a week and then 10% thereafter.
I did the ‘Test Pool Pilot’ and everything was good. I’ll do the slam again this weekend..thanks.

I don't know the autopilot system, but you can do a very simple test to see if the cell is putting out. Take a water bottle , cover the opening with your hand so water can't get ,lower it into the pool right in front of a return jet and fill the bottle. Test this water to see if and how much FC it has. I think it'll tell you if the cell works.
You know it’s funny you say that because I tried this just out of pure curiousity and the FC level was still 1ppm..which surprised me. That’s why I was wondering about it’s output.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At power level 1, that's right in line with what it's supposed to be.

AutoPilot Pool Pilot PPC1 = RC35/22 = Super Cell SC-36 Cell.

You can change to power level 2 or 3 to increase production.

At power level 1, that's right in line with what it's supposed to be.

AutoPilot Pool Pilot PPC1 = RC35/22 = Super Cell SC-36 Cell.

You can change to power level 2 or 3 to increase production.
I wasn’t aware of different power levels..maybe the original cell had its power bumped up by the pool installer and wasn’t aware of it. I’ll check it out..thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.