Autopilot Nano Tri-sensor

lakeboater

Bronze Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Naples, FL
I want to share a solution to an Autopilot tri-sensor accuracy problem. I was up north for the summer and came back to find the salt low (2300 ppm). My pool tech wasn't coming for a few days, so a put in 80# of salt. I was a little surprised when the display showed 2600 then 2500 ppm; my pool isn't that large so it should have had a bigger impact. So the pool tech comes for his weekly service and tells me my salt is at 4400 ppm. I pulled the tri-sensor and the salt plates are clean.

I pulled the sensor connector and cleaned both unit side and sensor side of the connector with contact cleaner. Now the salt is reading 4100 ppm. Not the first time contact cleaner has fixed an electrical problem for me.

I have an update on this issue. A week later the salt reading became low again. I moved the connector slightly to scrape the terminals. That brought the reading back in line, but this happened repeatedly over the next few days.

So I removed the connector again and spread the pin to give it a slightly larger diameter and apply more pressure to the socket side. This has initially worked, but we will see how it lasts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.