Autopilot Nano Plus "low cell volts" message

i have an autopilot nano plus swg system with 21768 amp-hours (4 years old). Recently, I had trouble with the system and realized that one end (connecting to power unit end) of the cell cable has black burned mark and the plastic connector already burned off. I replaced the cell cable and the system now reported intermittent that "low cell volts" message. While the system reported this message, I ran the "pool test" menu and got "1V 5A" as reported output. When the system not reporting any warning message, it reports as "3V 5A" as output. That seems also very low from the spec.

The pool water other perimeters all in the range. Chlorine 1.4, pH 7.4, Cya 50, Alk 90, Salt 3800. Purify level set 60%, water temp 64.

The cell is RC-28 and has no scale at all.

I wonder is this the power unit issue or the cell depleted issue? While I replaced the cell cable, the connector end has some black mark, see attached pictures.

IMG_9844.jpgIMG_9847.jpgIMG_9846.jpgIMG_9842.jpg

The pool water other perimeters all in the range. Chlorine 1.4, pH 7.4, Cya 50, Alk 90, Salt 3800. Purify level set 60%, water temp 64.

FC of 1.4 is not within range for CYA 50. See FC/CYA Levels.

Get some liquid chlorine and get your FC up to 6-8 ASAP while you sort out your SWG problems. You run the risk of getting algea and having another problem to deal with.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.