Automation Options

Oct 23, 2016
Roseville, CA
Hello - I have a Jandy Aqualink RS6 controller for our pool/spa and I would like some recommendations on how to implement some automation so that I can control the features from my smart phone.

1. What are the options for upgrading the controller of adding a device that would allow me to add this type of automation. I was under the impression that I could add the IQ20-RS device to accomplish this, but I don't see it for sale now and I'm wondering if they have discontinued that device in favor of something else.
2. I installed the Pentair Intellibrite 5G light in my pool last year and I will be installing the same light in my spa this week. I was told by the salesman that these lights could be controlled by their app, but I don't see details on their website. Do I need a control device to allow for the lights to be controlled by the app, or do these operate like the Philips Hue lights (i.e. no hub/controller needed)?

Hello - I have a Jandy Aqualink RS6 controller for our pool/spa and I would like some recommendations on how to implement some automation so that I can control the features from my smart phone.

1. What are the options for upgrading the controller of adding a device that would allow me to add this type of automation. I was under the impression that I could add the IQ20-RS device to accomplish this, but I don't see it for sale now and I'm wondering if they have discontinued that device in favor of something else.

IQ20 is what you need for PDA access to your Aqualink. AquaLink RS requires revision R or newer to use the IQ20.

Manuals are at Product Manuals | Swimming Pool Automation & Mobile Apps by ZODIAC®

You don't see it for sale because Jandy has pulled all their products off the Internet in favor of their authorized installers. If you search hard you can find someone who will sell it by telephone order but you will have no warranty on it if DIY installed

2. I installed the Pentair Intellibrite 5G light in my pool last year and I will be installing the same light in my spa this week. I was told by the salesman that these lights could be controlled by their app, but I don't see details on their website. Do I need a control device to allow for the lights to be controlled by the app, or do these operate like the Philips Hue lights (i.e. no hub/controller needed)?

The Pentair Intellibrite light installed by which app - Jandy or Pentair?

Pentair sells a separate wired Intellibrite controller - IntelliBrite Controller

I have not seen an AQualink system be able to control Intellibrite lights.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.