Automation for fountain and lights

Puddinman

Aug 24, 2020
McAllen, TX
My pool is about 15 years old and the plaster is not in great shape so I'm going to do a replaster. During that process, I'd also like to add some kind of automation system to control the valves that activate the fountain feature, which is currently 3 seperate valves to each spigot. (ETA: I should clarify that each spigot is controlled by one valve and there are three spigots.) I'd also like to fix the pool light which has been out for like 5 years -maybe an LED light with color that can be controlled by app?

Is there an automation system that will combine this all into one thing or am I stuck with seperate apps?

What type of valves are control each spigot? Diverter valves?

Post pics of the valves.

What type of valves are control each spigot? Diverter valves?

Post pics of the valves.
I will post a pic of the system when I get off work, but they are little red "wing" knobs that I turn. Pic of similar attached. Those are connected to a diverter valve (pic of similar below) that is also connected to my in-floor pool cleaner system on the other side. The fountain valves are to my right, diverter valve center and in-floor cleaner to the left.

3451940E-D201-4EC1-82A8-7F6C7CB2D7EA.jpeg71A3CCBD-3B1B-40B5-8C04-BAC1B2554908_4_5005_c.jpeg

Ball valves (red wing knobs) cannot be controlled by an actuator. You would need to change them to diverter valves to have automation control them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.