Automatic pool cover

I deal with quite a few coverpools pools and I've seen every kind of problem without rhyme or reason but that's not to say that it'll happen to you. One problem I see time and again is when the cover gets jammed/stuck the owners or guests jog it back and forth sometimes creating a bigger problem. It needs to be emphasized if it jams just STOP and evaluate what is happening. There are instances where a bit of TLC goes a long way even on a non smooth running cover.
Thanks, I’ll have to remind the family about that. Is there a way to manually open the cover if anything happens?

pro-rated and does not include labor.
Yuck I don’t like hearing that. I guess that par for the course with a lot of things though. Make sense for the company because of the wear and tear placed on the items. I can’t expect a company to fully cover the cost of replacement for an item I got 5 or 6 years use out of. I hope they are reasonable with their prorated cost and labor though.

This comes to mind,
Last season one pool jammed the cover since the rope tore (not cable), they came out to assess and came forward with 2 proposals, one was just an entire rope change both sides and maintenance . Option two was they recommended to change the cover as it's already 8 years old...... we just did the ropes and maintenance and be done. They claimed shrinkage to the cover edges will only get worse over time and I said when the time comes we'll deal with it. The bottom line is they are great to have and don't expect it to be problem free for ever just like anything else out there.

This comes to mind,
Last season one pool jammed the cover since the rope tore (not cable), they came out to assess and came forward with 2 proposals, one was just an entire rope change both sides and maintenance . Option two was they recommended to change the cover as it's already 8 years old...... we just did the ropes and maintenance and be done. They claimed shrinkage to the cover edges will only get worse over time and I said when the time comes we'll deal with it. The bottom line is they are great to have and don't expect it to be problem free for ever just like anything else out there.
Haha…yeah address it when the time comes. How much did they want to charge to replace the ropes and cover? I hope it wasn’t as much as the original cover cost. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was about 75% of the cost.

My wife and I talked about starting a pool savings account for future maintenance needs. We’ll see how that works out.

Haha…yeah address it when the time comes. How much did they want to charge to replace the ropes and cover? I hope it wasn’t as much as the original cover cost. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was about 75% of the cost.

My wife and I talked about starting a pool savings account for future maintenance needs. We’ll see how that works out.
If I can remember correctly it was in the $5.5k range which would be ok if the actual cover needed to go but here we are next season already and it's still fine except for 2 small holes which can be patched.

Reactions: clarkboy
Our yearly maintenance visit cost was $150 for 2023.

Unexplainably, our stainless steel cable on our T4, snapped on April 5th. Our cover wouldn’t open all the way so I called them for our yearly maintenance checkup. That was when they discovered the ss cable snapped. The cable has a 7 year warranty. It was under warranty, this is the start of year 3 with the pool.

The pool was the luxury item, the auto cover was a safety item for us.
Amazing as it is a stainless steel cable, did they tell you how that happened? Will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to come back and fix it. That should be done asap for you.

My guy told me $3k to replace the cover.

Yes I like the 7 year warranty. Are they replacing the broken cable for you?
Amazing as it is a stainless steel cable, did they tell you how that happened? Will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to come back and fix it. That should be done asap for you.
Yes, they replaced the ss cable under warranty. Discovered on April 5th, during their yearly maintenance visit. Although no maintenance was performed due to the snapped cable. They did manually manipulate the cover to get it opened all the way. After the cable was ordered and delivered, the warranty replacement was completed on April 28th. In my opinion, that took too long.

Yes, they replaced the ss cable under warranty. Discovered on April 5th, during their yearly maintenance visit. Although no maintenance was performed due to the snapped cable. They did manually manipulate the cover to get it opened all the way. After the cable was ordered and delivered, the warranty replacement was completed on April 28th. In my opinion, that took too long.
I wonder what the heck snapped a steel cable. Amazing. Thankfully in April and not midsummer. What was your time expectation?

What was your time expectation?
If the part, ss cable, was ordered at end of day, when the office staff received updates from the techs. Even if ordered the next morning, Cover pool’s manufacturing is in a suburb of Salt Lake City. SLC to Las Vegas is what 450 miles. I would have thought 7 - 10 business days. I was very disappointed with 17 business days.

We went with the steel cables (way to go for sure imo) and quad core fabric. I would be careful with the dog for sure I think one time and the dog wouldn't go on it again as its not solid it would be like walking on a waterbed for the dog and I would think that would spook it. I wouldn't make it a habit of letting the dog run on it as its not meant for that. This will be the 2nd full season and we didn't use it as a winter cover. Its gets fully opened and loop loc goes on for winter. No issues with opening or closing at this point. Once a year add some lithium grease via a grease gun as there is a grease fitting on it. I am having them comes once year to do a check on it. Worth it in my opinion. Give us the peace of mind and they said with the steel cables honestly they don't see much in repairs unless you are abusive to it and don't take care of it. Mine is a surface mounted so I spray the tracks with a hose once or twice in the summer. So far so good.
Do you have any pics of it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.