Automatic Cleaning Heads stuck and not rotating through the pool

Nov 14, 2011
I noticed this morning that the cleaning heads are not rotating through the pool, they are fixed on the same 3 or 4 cleaning heads. I also don't see any evidence of water coming out of the ones that are open.

Am hoping for advice on what the likely cause could be? Or any tests I can run to confirm the problem.

Am wondering if it could be linked to the part in the picture - GVA-24, which I think is the Valve Actuator? Is this what powers the cleaning system? Our pool is coming up on 10 years in the heat of Arizona so probably fairly normal that this part could fail after that length of time.

If it is this part, is a like-for-like replacement still the best option or has this part been superseded? Is it something I can switch out myself or do I need a professional?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4718.jpg
    IMG_4718.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 11
Fill out your signature with info on your pool and pool equipment (include manufacturer and model numbers), along with test kit model. Also include the IFCS manufacturer and model.

Is water coming out of the popups? If so, it isn't an issue with the valve actuator.

Fill out your signature with info on your pool and pool equipment (include manufacturer and model numbers), along with test kit model. Also include the IFCS manufacturer and model.

Is water coming out of the popups? If so, it isn't an issue with the valve actuator.
Ok, so i got into the pool to check and there is water coming out of the 3 pop ups that are open.

Where are you located? Add it to your profile.
All this will come in handy for us and you when you ask questions.

Are you the original owner? If so, there is a lifetime warranty to the original owner directly from A&A Manufacturing.

They will take care of you. Just call them. You will have to pay up front for them to ship the replacement parts, but they will credit your card when they receive your returned parts. You will only be out the return postage (return the cheapest way possible).

I've done it several times in the past 20+ years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.