Automatic cleaner for AG pool.

Jul 19, 2017
Kent
We have a 19 x8 Intex Abive Ground pool. Really want to get a robot cleaner but the standard Intex one needs a pump flow of 1500 gallons per hour and ours is only 1050 gallons per hour.

I see that the Rover Junior looks good. Does it need a higher pump flow than we currently have?Anyone got any inexpensive recommendations?

@kimkats reviewed her purchase of the Rover Junior here: Pool Rover Junior review-aka Lil Kim

Another option is the Dolphin E-10 or equivalent equipped with the optional Ultra Fine filter.

Robots operate off of electricity and do not use your pools pump for suction/movement. The Intex you were considering sounds like a pressure or suction cleaner... which is not the same as a robotic cleaner (robots are better).

@kimkats reviewed her purchase of the Rover Junior here: Pool Rover Junior review-aka Lil Kim

Another option is the Dolphin E-10 or equivalent equipped with the optional Ultra Fine filter.

Robots operate off of electricity and do not use your pools pump for suction/movement. The Intex you were considering sounds like a pressure or suction cleaner... which is not the same as a robotic cleaner (robots are better).
Thanks very much for your advice. I'll take a look at the Dolpin E10 you suggest

The Rover Jr stays on the floor, I believe the E10 will climb up the "coves" (a few feet up the corners and edges) but won't climb the walls. Even if they did, these aren't really powerful enough for wall cleaning (for that you need to spend more money). They are mainly for the floors.

Great thanks Justin! Having looked at our options over here in the UK, we really can't get anything under £600 with the Rover Junior being £620 and the cheapest. I did try looking at buying from US sites but the shipping took it over £800.

I think my partner is sooooo fed up of having to keep brushing and vaccuming we may well bite the bullet and buy the Rover Junior - there seem to be mixed reviews on Amazon though.

Anyone else got a Rover Junior and can provide feedback?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.