Chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I want to only run water through the solar panel when it will heat the pool. If its a dull day or cold I don’t want to run it. I don’t want to have to watch weather each day and manually put on pump when it meets the criteria. Is there a better way? Is there a timer that looks at the outside temperature or cloud cover?

That is what a Solar Controller like the Pentair Solar Touch does. It has a temperature sensor by the panels and a water temperature sensor. It turns the solar circulation on when the panel temperature is greater than the water temperature and off when a cloud comes over and the panel temperature drops.

Reactions: CoolPoolZ
thanks, seems like the controllers are pricey- i think ill do this summer manually and if Im happy with the solar heater ill get the controller next year. If solar doesn’t work out i plan to get a heat pump but will require a dedicated higher amp circuit so putting that off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.