Champaign, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Our auto cover never completely lined up with the shallow end when closed. The auto cover has been on for about six months. It seems like the gap is getting bigger. I sent a picture to our pool builder several weeks ago but haven’t heard anything. Is this something that needs to be fixed? I am starting to freak out about having to have all the coping ripped out. What do you guys think? Please tell me I am worrying for nothing!

Attachments

• B311CB58-3D73-4B03-93BC-2E96151145F2.jpeg
    B311CB58-3D73-4B03-93BC-2E96151145F2.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 58
Good. Your pool cover installer ought to be able to achieve a better fit. If the entire end is gapped, it's a simple adjustment (for them) to make it reach. If the end touches in some spots but not others, the installer should be able to bend the metal end bar to conform to the coping and reduce the gap. It involves measuring the gap at various points, removing the bar, and bending it in a rig to fit better. No need to remove coping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogmom1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.