Auto pool fill not getting water level to middle of tile line

ATXSalty

Aug 3, 2022
austin, tx
I had a new auto fill installed that is a Fluidmaster toilet float style. The top of the fill stem is flush with the top of the canister and I have the float raised all the way to the top. The water level never seems to get any higher than 1 to 1.5 in above the start of the tile.

What would cause the auto fill to not keep filling up higher?

Reactions: MermaidMolotov
You've possibly maxed out but as I'm not sure this is a thing but, can you raise the fill to get some more adjustability on the water level. For instance in a toilet tank situation the actual tube is adjustable so I'm assuming this is too.

How much space is between the top of the Fluidmaster and the lid of the autofill?
Is the float adjusted to the full up position?

My install company told me they set the pipe to the right that goes out to the pool too high and it's causing siphoning. He said it needs to be lower down preferably below the canister to get a proper water level.

I knew something was wrong and thank goodness it's under warranty. They are going to jackhammer the rock and dig it up to fix it.

From the installer: The canister needs to be dropped a couple inches lower in the hole we dug and the water equalizer line from the canister to the pool that has the saddle needs to be ran straight without the Hartford loop making it taller than the canister

70587194800__9EF9B217-D57A-4915-8A0D-9FFA44D8A833.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.