Auto Pilot Nano (model 75041) - Intermittant Low amp Cell warning

Jason245

Jul 27, 2019
Fort Lauderdale FL
I have been trying to diagnose what has been causing an intermittant Low amp Cell warning on my Autpilot Nano .

I have already:

Changed the cell
Changed the cell power cord
There is no build up or flow problems (all filters cleaned).

I have found that on occasion, to fix the issue, it can be as easy as turning off and turning on the unit again (but this is annoying since I have a timer and can not baby it, and usually would involve me doing that 3 or 4 times).

I don't think it is the fuse because I would imagine that would cause unit to not work at all.

Sometimes it is High Volts and No Amps
Other times it is Low/No volts and no Amps. So even that it inconsistent.

When it is working it is usually around 15V and 5A

Anyone have any insight and suggestions? If it involves replacing the internal ciruit boards or things like that, does anyone have any experience doing that or is that something I should hire a company to do?

I found this online and am thinking it is an option (but an expensive one)

Have you tested your actual salt level with the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test or salt strips?

Have you considered it may be your Trisensor failing intermittently and giving wrong salinity readings to the board?

I have been trying to diagnose what has been causing an intermittant Low amp Cell warning on my Autpilot Nano .

I have already:

Changed the cell
Changed the cell power cord
There is no build up or flow problems (all filters cleaned).

I have found that on occasion, to fix the issue, it can be as easy as turning off and turning on the unit again (but this is annoying since I have a timer and can not baby it, and usually would involve me doing that 3 or 4 times).

I don't think it is the fuse because I would imagine that would cause unit to not work at all.

Sometimes it is High Volts and No Amps
Other times it is Low/No volts and no Amps. So even that it inconsistent.

When it is working it is usually around 15V and 5A

Anyone have any insight and suggestions? If it involves replacing the internal ciruit boards or things like that, does anyone have any experience doing that or is that something I should hire a company to do?

Have you tested your actual salt level with the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test or salt strips?

Have you considered it may be your Trisensor failing intermittently and giving wrong salinity readings to the board?

Forgot to mention, I tested the salt level using salt strips... so not a salt issue.

Salinity to board is 3200PPM, Salt per strip is around 3000PPM.

New cell.
New power cord.
Trisensor is good.
Salt level is good.

Doesn't leave much else than the board, or some loose wire, or corrosion in some connection being intermittent. Have you removed the board and examined it and replaced it?

New cell.
New power cord.
Trisensor is good.
Salt level is good.

Doesn't leave much else than the board, or some loose wire, or corrosion in some connection being intermittent. Have you removed the board and examined it and replaced it?

The board is the last thing I was going to look at unless someone gave me a better idea...

It seemed like the most complex issue of all possible options to resolve.

Opened it up, while there was an "electric" smell, nothing looked fried. Changed the fuse to see if that would help... and nope... still same issue.

Anyone faced this before, is this a sign of the power board going? the transformer going? something else wrong?

As a follow up, those saltpoolguys are amazing. They helped isolate my problem and figure it out (was cell cord connection to the main box issue)

Thanks for sharing the fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.